Monday, April 19, 2010

Craniosacral Therapy

I am excited to announce that Friday the 23rd of April is my first training in Craniosacral Therapy. I have done my best to explain what this type of therapy is but I have found it difficult to do without the training. There are many definitions out there. This is the best description I have found.
Craniosacral Therapy is an alternative medicine used by osteopaths, massage therapists, naturopaths, chiropractors and occupational therapists. The session begins with the therapist placing their hands on the patient, which allows them to tune into their craniosacral system. The practitioner works with the spine and skull and its cranial sutures, diaphragm and fascia. The restriction of nerve passages is released and the movement of cerebral spinal fluid through the spinal cord is optimized, and misaligned bones are restored to their natural position. Craniosacral Therapists use this treatment to treat mental stress, neck and back pain, migraines, TMJ syndrome, and chronic pain syndrome such as fybromyaglia. A condition defined as unexplained muscular pain.
I will continue to update you with information as travel through my trainings.

No comments:

Post a Comment