Sunday, March 6, 2011

Our day of skiing...

My husband and I went skiing this weekend.  We both compromise and try to share what we enjoy doing with each other.  We do our best to be as humble as we can even when we don't like it.  Sometimes we fail at humbleness and this is what happens.  We were riding on the chairlift and I mentioned how much I love skiing.  Skiing was in my blood when I was born so I am very passionate about it.  On the other hand, my husband has his own thoughts that are sometimes best not shared.  He said,"If you weren't around, I would not ski."  I curiously asked him "why" because he is so good as skiing.  He said, "Because it is too dangerous."  I suggested that rising out of bed in the morning has it's own danger and that perhaps this is time to "keep his thoughts to himself."  He chuckled and we made it to the top of the hill safely.  After he suggested that skiing was dangeros I began to think about his hunting.  This is a man who walks in the woods with a loaded gun where many other strangers are walking around with loaded guns and he feels that is safe.  This is also a man who has shot over my head during duck hunting and felt that was safe.  Although, I see danger in shooting over the head of my partner so I withdraw and the duck lives!  What determines danger and safety anyway?  Any answers out there?

1 comment:

  1. I should also mention that I told my husband that skiing is only as dangerous as you make it...he agreed.

    ReplyDelete