Enjoy this wonderful summer treat!
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 large sprigs mint
- 8 black tea bags
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 4 large lemons)
- 1. Mix sugar and 3 cups water in a pan and bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Turn off heat; stir in lemon slices and mint. Allow to cool, then strain.
- 2. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Place tea bags in a bowl; pour water over and let steep for 10 minutes. Remove and discard bags. Let tea cool.
- 3. In another bowl, mix lemon juice with 3 cups water.
- 4, Combine syrup, tea and lemon mixture. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours. Serve over ice, garnished with additional lemon slices and mint sprigs, if desired.