Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Blast fat and stay cool!

Kayak - when I recently visited the UP of Michigan I saw a lot of kayaking on Lake Superior. I thought that looked like fun and I should try it. This is why - It slims the upper body. It works the deltoids, latissimus dorsi and trapezius which sculps the shoulders and creates a sexy V-back. You will also burn 170 calories in 30 minutes.
Play in the pool - this last weekend I went swimming in the Mississippi which is flowing at speeds I couldn't even imagine. It was quite the workout! Splashing in the water can burn up to 200 calories in 30 minutes. If you have kids, hold them up in the air and tone the triceps, biceps and deltoids to eliminate bat wings and pit pudge.
Pattleboard - this I haven't tried. Balancing on the board strengthens the rectus abdominus. This will give you the 6-pack look! Then twisting will work the oblique muscles to develop the hourglass look. Balance poses in yoga will also do the same thing!!!
Water tubing - I did this a couple years ago with friends. I was surprised how sore my body was the next day and week! This helps tone the core muscles, especially the transverse abdominus. I also found that it toned my upper body as well.
Jump in the water! Work the fast-twitch muscles in the glutes, quads and hamstrings. These fibers contract with short bursts of power. Have fun and let loose. Take a few jumps and develope slimmer thighs and a perky tush.
You have my permission to have fun and let it all go!

No comments:

Post a Comment