Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Homemade Laundry Detergent

Laundry Detergent

4 lbs Borax
4 lbs Baking Soda
1 Box Arm & Hammer Washing Soap
3 Grated Bars of Fels-Naptha (use a cheese grater with the small grating size/side)
2 Containers of OxiClean 3.5 lbs each
Use 2 tsp. of soap detergent per load (good for HE washers and drum washers) 
For a specific scent add 10 to 15 drops of Essential Oil on a damp rag toss in and wash and dry with clothes.
I used to have a lot of problems with my laundry detergent making my skin itchy and dry. I decided about a year and a half ago to switch to making my own laundry detergent and this is the recipe that one of my friends moms sent my way. I have been using it ever since. I have only needed to make two batches, it has been less expensive my clothes are clean, and most importantly they don’t make me itchy and dry all of the time.
I always use Purify to help clean my clothes but you could also try Lavender, Lemon or any other Essential Oils that you love the smell of.
Visit www.simplepleasure.biz for your essential oil needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment